Search For A Song
O Praise the Lord, for He Is Good
- O praise the Lord, for he is good,
give thanks and bless his name;
his lovingkindness changes not,
from age to age the same.
- What tongue can tell his mighty deeds,
his wondrous works and ways?
O who can show his glory forth,
or utter all his praise?
- The Lord will bless and prosper those—
yea, blest indeed are they—
whose ways are just, who constantly
his righteous laws obey.
- O Lord, remember me in grace,
let me salvation see;
the grace you show unto your saints,
that grace reveal to me.
- Let me behold your people’s good
and in their joy rejoice;
with your triumphant heritage
let me lift up my voice.
- In evil we have gone astray,
and sinful is our race;
rebelliously our fathers walked
forgetful of your grace.
- Though they rebelled, yet for their help
in saving strength he came
to make his pow’r almighty known
and glorify his name.
- He brought them safely through the sea
and overwhelmed their foes;
their faith was stirred, and for the time
their songs of praise arose.
- Forgetful soon, they tempted God,
nor for his counsel cared;
he sent them leanness in their souls,
while they earth’s bounties shared.
- Their God and Savior they forgot,
their helper and their stay,
but Moses sought the promised grace
and turned God’s wrath away.
- But they despised the pleasant land,
the promised land of God,
and tempted him to make them fall
and scatter them abroad.
- Against his own inheritance
the Lord’s great wrath arose;
his chosen people he condemned
to serve their heathen foes.
- Save us, O Lord, our gracious God,
from alien lands reclaim,
that we may triumph in your praise
and bless your holy name.
- Blest be the Lord, our covenant God,
all praise to him accord;
let all the people say, “Amen!”
Forever praise the Lord.