Search For A Song
My Heart Has Heard an Oracle
- My heart has heard an oracle
about the wicked’s sin:
no fear of God abides in him;
he feels no dread within.
- He views himself with blind conceit
and sinfulness denies.
He speaks with false and evil tongue,
no longer good or wise.
- In bed he plots his evil ways;
he schemes thro’out the night,
as he commits himself to sin,
rejecting what is right.
- Your steadfast love is great, O LORD;
it reaches heaven high.
Your faithfulness is wonderful,
extending to the sky.
- Your righteousness is very great,
like mountains high and steep;
your justice, like the ocean depths.
Both man and beast you keep.
- How precious is your steadfast love!
What confidence it brings!
Both high and low find shelter in
the shadow of your wings.
- They feast within your house, and drink
from streams of your delight.
With you is found the spring of life;
in your light we see light.
- To those who know you as their God
your steadfast love impart;
maintain your righteousness to those
of pure and upright heart.
- Let not the ruthless foot of pride
approach and threaten me,
nor let the hand of wickedness
compel me then to flee.
- There evildoers fallen lie
who righteousness despise!
Cast down and helpless there they stay,
unable to arise.
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture