Search For A Song
In Thee, O Lord, I Put My Trust
- In thee, O Lord, I put my trust,
I call upon thy name;
O save me in thy righteousness,
nor let me suffer shame.
- Bow down thine ear to my request,
and swift deliv’rance send;
be thou to me a rock of strength,
a fortress to defend.
- Since thou my rock and fortress art,
my leader be, and guide;
from all temptation rescue me,
thou dost my strength abide.
- To thee my spirit I commend;
redemption is with thee,
O thou Jehovah, God of truth,
who hast delivered me.
- I hate all those that love the false,
my trust is in the Lord;
I will be glad, and joyfully
thy mercy will record.
- For my affliction thou hast seen,
and known my many woes;
thou hast not let me be enslaved,
but freed me from my foes.
- Show mercy, Lord, to me distressed,
and send my soul relief;
my life is spent with bitterness,
my strength consumed with grief.
- My life has aged grown with woe,
with sighs my years decay;
my eye is worn for very grief:
I pine and waste away.
- My foes have made me a reproach,
my state my neighbors see;
my friends, appalled at my approach,
turn them about and flee.
- For I have heard defaming tongues,
and marked the terror rife,
when all in league deliberate
to take away my life.
- But, Lord, in thee is all my trust;
“Thou art my God,” I cried.
My life, my times are in thy hand,
I in thy strength confide.
St. 1-7, 11, The Psalter, 1912; st. 9-10, Psalter Hymnal, 1959