Search For A Song
O Love, How Deep, How Broad, How High!
- O love, how deep, how broad, how high!
How passing thought and fantasy,
that God, the Son of God, should take
our mortal form for mortals’ sake!
- For us baptized, for us he bore
his holy fast and hunger sore;
for us temptations sharp he knew,
for us the tempter overthrew.
- For us to wicked men betrayed,
scourged, mocked, in crown of thorns arrayed;
for us he bore the cross’s death,
for us at length gave up his breath.
- For us he rose from death again,
for us he went on high to reign;
for us he sent his Spirit here
to guide, to strengthen, and to cheer.
- All honor, laud, and glory be,
O Jesus, virgin-born, to thee;
whom with the Father we adore,
and Holy Ghost, forevermore.