Search For A Song
Lift Up Your Heads, Ye Mighty Gates!
- Lift up your heads, ye mighty gates!
Behold the King of glory waits;
the King of kings is drawing near,
the Savior of the world is here.
- A helper just, he comes to thee,
his chariot is humility,
his kingly crown is holiness,
his scepter, pity in distress.
- O blest the land, the city blest,
where Christ the Ruler is confessed!
O happy hearts and happy homes
to whom this King in triumph comes!
- Fling wide the portals of your heart;
make it a temple, set apart
from earthly use for heav’n’s employ,
adorned with prayer and love and joy.
- Redeemer, come! I open wide
my heart to thee; here, Lord, abide!
Let me thy inner presence feel;
thy grace and love in me reveal.
- So come, my Sov’reign, enter in!
Let new and nobler life begin!
Thy Holy Spirit, guide us on,
until the glorious crown be won.