Search For A Song
Lamb, Precious Lamb
- Lamb, precious Lamb, whose blood was shed for me,
spread on the frame of Calv’ry’s cruel tree.
Thy paschal sacrifice is all my stay,
dear Lamb, who came to take our sins away.
- Lamb, spotless Lamb, for naught is wrong in thee!
No mark or blemish, no impurity.
From the world’s founding thou wast truly slain.
Come, purge my sin and cleanse my ev’ry stain.
- Lamb, willing Lamb, who walked the suff’rer’s path,
endured the shame, and drank our cup of wrath.
Still, vain and selfish, oft we disobey.
O faithful Shepherd, keep us in thy way.
- Lamb, mighty Lamb, who triumphed over sin;
severed death’s chains to make us whole within.
Gentle in pow’r, both kind and strong thou art;
O Lamb and Lion, conquer all my heart.
- Lamb, worthy Lamb, who reigns for endless days,
Maker, Redeemer, thine be all the praise.
We join th’eternal choirs of heav’n, great King;
“Glory and honor to the Lamb!” we sing.
© Jonathan Landry Cruse, 2013