Search For A Song
Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee
- Jesus, the very thought of thee
with sweetness fills my breast;
but sweeter far thy face to see,
and in thy presence rest.
- No voice can sing, no heart can frame,
nor can the mem’ry find,
a sweeter sound than thy blest name,
O Savior of mankind.
- O Hope of ev’ry contrite heart,
O Joy of all the meek,
to those who fall, how kind thou art!
How good to those who seek!
- But what to those who find? Ah, this
no tongue nor pen can show;
the love of Jesus, what it is
none but his loved ones know.
- Jesus, our only joy be thou,
as thou our prize wilt be;
Jesus, be thou our glory now,
and through eternity.
Latin, 11th cent.