Search For A Song
Hast Thou Not Known, Hast Thou Not Heard
- Hast thou not known, hast thou not heard
that firm remains on high
the everlasting throne of him
who formed the earth and sky?
- Art thou afraid his pow’r shall fail
when comes thine evil day?
And can an all-creating arm
grow weary or decay?
- Supreme in wisdom as in pow’r
the Rock of Ages stands,
though him thou canst not see, nor trace
the working of his hands.
- He gives the conquest to the weak,
supports the fainting heart;
and courage in the evil hour
his heav’nly aids impart.
- Mere human pow’r shall fast decay,
and youthful vigor cease;
but they who wait upon the Lord
in strength shall still increase.
- They with unwearied feet shall tread
the path of life divine,
with growing ardor onward move,
with growing brightness shine.
- On eagle’s wings they mount, they soar—
their wings are faith and love—
till, past the cloudy regions here,
they rise to heav’n above.
Collection Name: Scottish Psalter