Search For A Song
Great King of Nations, Hear Our Prayer
- Great King of nations, hear our prayer,
while at your feet we fall,
and humbly, with united cry,
to you for mercy call.
- The guilt is ours, but grace is yours,
O turn us not away;
but hear us from your lofty throne,
and help us when we pray.
- Our fathers’ sins were manifold,
and ours no less we own,
yet wondrously from age to age
your goodness has been shown.
- When dangers, like a stormy sea,
beset our country round,
to you we looked, to you we cried,
and help in you was found.
- With one consent we meekly bow
beneath your chast’ning hand,
and, pouring forth confession meet,
mourn with our mourning land.
- With pitying eye behold our need,
as thus we lift our pray’r;
correct us with your judgments, Lord,
then let your mercy spare.