Search For A Song
You, O God, Reject and Spurn Us
- You, O God, reject and spurn us;
you have broken our defense.
You have dealt with us in anger;
O restore us, Lord, again.
- You have torn the land asunder;
you have made the land to shake.
O come down and mend its fractures,
for you caused the earth to quake.
- You have made your people suffer
times of need and helplessness.
Wine that makes us reel and stagger
you have poured as drink for us.
- But for those who truly fear you,
lift your banner, let it wave.
Raise it high for all to see, that
truth and right may be displayed.
- By your right hand give salvation;
save and answer your beloved.
God in holiness has spoken
from his holy place above:
- “I will now divide in triumph
every part of Shechem’s land,
all the ground in Succoth valley
I will measure with my hand.
- “Mine is Gilead, mine Manasseh,
Ephraim is my helmet bold,
Judah I will make my scepter,
he my precepts will uphold.
- “Moab is my bowl for washing.
I on Edom cast my shoe.
O’er Philistia I will shout, for
I have triumphed over you.”
- Who will bring me to the city
strong and greatly fortified,
and to reach the land of Edom
who will be my help and guide?
- Have you not, O God, rejected,
turned us over to our foe?
When our armies go to battle,
you no longer with them go.
- Give us aid against the wicked;
human help will bring no hope.
With our God we shall be valiant;
he will trample all our foes.
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture