Search For A Song
Transgression Speaks to Wicked Man
- Transgression speaks to wicked man;
deep in his heart it lies.
There surely is no fear of God
before the sinner’s eyes.
- He views himself with flattery,
and sinfulness denies.
He thinks his sin cannot be found
and cannot be despised.
- His mouth speaks trouble and deceit;
his words are godless lies.
He keeps himself from doing good
and ceases being wise.
- He meditates upon his bed
to plan his wickedness.
He sets himself in ways not good;
the wrong does not detest.
- Your mercy and your truth, O LORD,
transcend the lofty sky;
your righteousness, like mountains high;
your judgments, deep and wide.
- LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
Your love is great and kind!
Beneath the shadow of your wings
mankind may refuge find.
- With great abundance in your house,
they feast ’til satisfied;
from streams of your unfailing joy
their thirst shall be supplied.
- The fountain of eternal life
with you alone abides.
Within the brightness of your light
we see the light of life.
- From those who know you, may your love
and mercy ne’er depart.
And may your righteousness protect
and bless the upright heart.
- Let not the proud raise foot or hand
to drive me from your side.
The evildoers are thrown down
and never shall arise.
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture