Search For A Song
O LORD, in Your Strength
- O LORD, in your strength how the king is exultant!
How great is his joy in the triumphs you bring!
To him you have granted his heart’s deepest longing;
you answered the plea from the lips of the king.
- You welcomed him richly with blessings of goodness;
a crown of fine gold you have placed on his head.
He asked you for life, and you gave to him freely—
abundance of days, that his years should not end.
- Through triumphs you gave, his renown is exalted,
and you have bestowed on him splendor and grace.
You granted him blessing supreme and eternal;
you filled him with joy by the light of your face.
For the king puts his trust in the LORD high above;
unshaken he stands through the LORD’s steadfast love.
- Your hand will expose and find all your opponents;
your right hand will find all the foes in your path.
You set them ablaze with your glorious appearance;
you swallow them up in the fire of your wrath.
- From earth you will utterly wipe out their offspring.
The evil they plot will not ever prevail.
You aim at their faces with bow and with arrow;
you put them to flight for their courage will fail.
Be exalted, O LORD, in the strength of your arm;
we praise your great might to the sound of a psalm.
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture