Search For A Song
LORD, You Have Searched Me
- LORD, you have searched me and you know
where’er I rest, where’er I go;
you search my thoughts and know my plans,
and all my ways are in your hands.
- My words from you I cannot hide,
you hem me in on ev’ry side;
O wond’rous knowledge, awesome might,
unfathomed depth, unmeasured height!
- Where can I from your Spirit be?
Where can I from your presence flee?
In heav’n? it is your dwelling fair;
in death’s abode? lo, you are there.
- If I the wings of morning take,
and in the seas my dwelling make,
e’en there your faithful hand shall lead,
your right hand, LORD, is holding me.
- If deepest darkness cover me,
to you the darkness light shall be;
if light about me be as night
to you both night and day are bright.
- Within the womb you knitted me
so fearfully and wondrously;
I give my maker thankful praise,
whose wondrous works my soul amaze.
- When in the depths my frame was wrought,
your eye did see, and in your thought
my life in all its perfect plan
was ordered ere my days began.
- Your thoughts, O God, how manifold,
more precious unto me than gold!
They number more than all the sand;
awaking, still I’m in your hand.
- Oh, that the wicked you would slay!
From men of blood I turn away;
they speak against the name divine,
I count God’s enemies as mine.
- Do I not hate your haters, LORD?
Those fighting you have I abhorred.
I hate them all most fervently
and count them as my enemies.
- O search me, God, my heart discern,
and try me, God, my thoughts to learn;
and lead me, if in sin I stray,
to choose the everlasting way.