Search For A Song
LORD, You Are the God Who Saves Me
- LORD, you are the God who saves me;
I cry out both night and day.
May my pleading come before you;
turn your ear to me, I pray.
- For my soul is full of troubles,
and my life draws near to death.
Counted with the ones who perish,
I have neither strength nor breath.
- I’m as one cast off like dead men,
as one lies within the grave,
as one you no more remember,
severed from your hand of grace.
- Deep into a pit you cast me,
deep within the darkest place;
there your wrath lies heavy on me,
I am crushed by all your waves.
- You have made my friends forsake me,
made me loathsome in their eyes.
I am trapped, cut off from rescue;
deep distress has dimmed my sight.
- Daily, LORD, I call upon you;
stretching out my hands to you.
Do you show the dead our wonders?
Do the dead rise up and praise?
- Is your love declared in death, your
faithfulness in Abaddon?
Are your wonders known in darkness,
faithfulness where thoughts are gone?
- But, O LORD, I cry to you; as
morning comes, to you I pray.
Why, do you, O LORD, reject me,
turn your face from me away?
- Stricken and distressed from childhood,
death to me is always near.
I have suffered long our terrors,
I am helpless in despair.
- Over me your anger rages;
by your terrors I am crushed.
All day long they overwhelm me;
over me the flood has rushed.
- You have seized my friend and loved one,
put him far away from me.
Now my closest friend is darkness;
not a ray of light I see.
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture