Search For A Song
LORD, in Your Wrath Rebuke Me Not
- LORD, in your wrath rebuke me not,
nor in your anger chasten me.
Deeply your arrows sink within;
heavy, your hand weighs down on me.
- There is no soundness in my flesh,
for you are angry at my sin.
There is no health within my bones;
your indignation burns within.
- Guilt rises up above my head;
sins’ heavy burden weighs me down.
Loathsome and fest’ring are my wounds;
LORD, for my foolishness I mourn.
- Bowed down with trouble, grief and pain,
all day I mourn in deep distress.
Pain so severe consumes my loins;
there is no soundness in my flesh.
- Feeble and greatly crushed am I;
pain grips my heart and makes me groan.
Lord, my desires before you lie;
all of my sighs to you are known.
- With pounding heart, my strength has failed;
light has departed from my eye.
Friends and companions stay away;
seeing my wounds, they pass me by.
- Those who would seek to take my life
set cunning snares to capture me.
They speak of ruin, seek my harm,
plotting all day their treachery.
- I, like a deaf man, cannot hear;
just like the mute, I cannot cry.
I’m like a man who hears no sound,
whose mouth can utter no reply.
- O LORD my God, I wait for you.
LORD, you will answer when I call.
I prayed, “Let them not gloat o’er me,
who boast against me when I fall.”
- Soon I will slip and fall in pain;
constant the grief I feel within.
I will confess iniquity;
I’m deeply troubled by my sin.
- Strong are my foes and full of life;
many despise me wrongfully.
Evil for good they would repay;
when I seek good, they slander me.
- LORD God, I pray, forsake me not!
My God, do not be far from me!
Hasten to rescue me, O Lord,
you are salvation unto me!
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture