Search For A Song
I Love the LORD, for He Has Heard My Voice
- I love the LORD, for he has heard my voice;
he heard my pleas for mercy and for grace.
Since he inclined his ear to my request,
I’ll call on him as long as life shall last.
- Anguish of death encompassed me about;
cords of the grave and terror held me down.
I was distressed. I called upon his name:
“Rescue my soul, O LORD my God, I pray.”
- Righteous and gracious is the LORD our God,
rich in his mercy, tender in his love.
He will preserve the simple in their need;
when I was low, he came and rescued me.
- Rest, O my soul; the LORD has blessed you well,
for you, O LORD, from death redeemed my soul.
You dried my tears, my stumbling feet restored.
I’ll walk the land of life before the LORD.
- I spoke in anguish, though I still believed:
“I’m greatly troubled by my pain and grief.”
Filled with alarm, I said in my dismay,
“All men speak lies, and falsehood is their way.”
- What shall I render now unto the LORD
for all his benefits on me bestowed?
I’ll lift salvation’s cup, and with his saints
I’ll pay my vows and call upon his name.
- How dear to God the dying of his saints.
LORD, I’m your servant; you have loosed my chains.
I am your handmaid’s son, your servant true.
I offer thankful sacrifice to you.
- I call upon God’s name with thankful praise.
’Mid all his people I will pay my vows,
here, in the LORD’s house, in his temple courts,
in you, Jerusalem. O praise the LORD!
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture