Search For A Song
How Long Will You Forget Me, LORD?
- How long will you forget me, LORD?
Forever will it be?
How long, LORD, will you hide your face
and turn your gaze from me?
- How long must I be sad each day
in deep perplexity?
How long will my opponent stand
in triumph over me?
- O LORD my God, consider me
and give me your reply.
Light up my eyes or I will sleep
the sleep of those who die.
- Then would my enemy declare,
“At last I brought him low!”
And so my foes would sing for joy
to see my overthrow.
- But still I trust your steadfast love;
your saving pow’r I praise.
The LORD has richly dealt with me;
my songs to him I raise.
© 2018 Trinity Psalter Hymnal Joint Venture